Friday, May 29, 2009

The J-Word

Despite my strenuous efforts to avoid acknowledging it, I am being constantly reminded that I am half-way done with college. Words of congratulations from professors, emails from Housing, and even the presence of pre-frosh call attention to the fact that I am now a junior.

While I am very excited about post-grad life (finding a meaningful job that I adore, decorating my apartment, having a dog, etc.), life at college just seems a bit more pleasant. We all grumble about the academic workload, but the opportunity to simply study, and sometimes slave over, what you love is incredible. At the same time, you are surrounded by people who are so enthusiastically sharing this with you. There are still so many courses I would like to take and so many activities in which I would like to be involved. Perhaps, reminders that we are half-way to the finish line encourage us to happily and appreciatively spend the number of years we have left at college. Nostalgia and other dramatic emotions aside, junior year is going to be wonderful.



A final compact assortment of leftover sophomore year photos:

(Down Syndrome Conference - with my buddy for the day) (Fall Lawnparties)

(Della visits Princeton!) (The day I met Robert Venturi)

(The Class Council at our first study break of the year)

(She's plotting to take over the world... and then allow me to reign over the Bahamas and Antarctica.)


(The girls decided to do a mini-Thanksgiving dinner before break. I set the table.)

No comments: